Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Las Vegas in March

In March, Pat and I decided to see Bon Jovi in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. Without realizing, we arrived at the end of March Madness. It wasn't planned that way but we did notice that it was busier than normal. We also didn't plan on the weather being cold! It was freezing with temperatures in the 50s or 60s with a very strong wind. Brrr!

I was able to see Celine Dion's new show. She is AH-MAH-ZING! This show had the feel of a classic Vegas show. She did many of her earlier hits. Think "My Heart Will Go On" and earlier. She had several "duets" with Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Wonder, and herself. I was so enthralled when she covered the Ella Fitzgerald song. Ella is my favorite singer of all time, and Celine is a close second. It's special to me that I've seen both of Celine's Las Vegas shows.




Pat and I have been to Vegas enough times to know the places we enjoy. The Bellagio has a garden area where they create entire scenes from flowers. It is never the same thing twice.



At New York, New York, they re-created the Statue of Liberty out of jelly beans!


No comments: