Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We're not rabid!

George and Gracie have both survived their one-year exams at the vet. They had separate appointments, because I was not going to repeat the traumatic experience of taking them at the same time. (See posting from July 22) It's hard to believe that I've had them a year already!

It's interesting to me that their personalities are so different. The vet and his assistant both raved about how laid-back George was. The vet gave up on listening to George's heartbeat, because he never stopped purring. I know that purring doesn't always mean contentment. That's just George's natural reaction to most situations.

My laid-back boy...

Gracie was not as thrilled to be around strangers at her appointment. She had pushed herself to the furthest corner of the carrier, causing the assistant to have to pry her out claw by claw. Gracie is no dummy! She knew that she did not want to be there.

Gracie giving her Hollywood starlet over-the-shoulder pose...

Even though they differ, both cats are well-behaved and very affectionate. I'm glad I got so lucky to pick them at the pound and can only hope to give them as much love as I can.