Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sadie, Sadie, "Engaged" Lady

Pat and I are engaged! He proposed on Friday afternoon. I couldn't sleep that night, because I was so excited and my mind wouldn't shut down. Pat had called me saying that Einstein (his dog and my future son) had bought me a book. (We're always doing goofy things, like giving each other gifts from our pets.) He came in with the book hidden and had me sit down. I opened it (the ring was inside) and then he was on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said "yes." (Of course!) It caught me so off guard that I asked him, "Is this real?" :-) He made a wonderful choice and bought me a gorgeous ring!!


*Photo courtesy of my future father-in-law

I think the best part is how he asked my family for their approval. My parents were visiting my brother and sister-in-law, so he flew to Texas all in one day to ask them! (I wish my brother, Steve, could have been there, too.) They all approved and somehow kept it quiet. I'm sure Mom was about to bust! :-)

It has finally sunk in a little more, and I'm starting to think about what I want for our wedding. There are lots of decisions to be made!

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Congratulations, Corie!! We are so happy for you!!! And I absolutely love the ring....we were saying that it looked exactly like you! It was wonderful seeing Pat....I'm glad he didn't wait too long because we were all dying to hear the news! YAY!!

Southern Cheesehead said...

Congrats to you guys...Pat had told me when he bought the ring and that he was making that day trip. I thought that was so cool!!

Wow...he did well on the ring - it is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm so happy for you guys and glad Pat sent your blog to me so I could read your side! LOL

CS said...

Michele - Thanks! We're both excited. I'll have to add you to the list of the blogs I read!

Me said...

Congratulations Corie! That is so awesome! Have fun with the planning and try not to let it stress you out! :)