Monday, January 5, 2009

Registries

I think I've finally finished my wedding registries. We decided to go with Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Belk. I've heard bad things about Target's return policies, but Targets are everywhere. So, how can we not register there? I just didn't add many things to the list.

It was important for me to make sure I had a wide range of prices. When I would attend weddings while still in college, I would get frustrated with expensive registries. How could I buy a $100 knife set? I understand now that sometimes a couple can't help it. Some things just cost that much!

I also didn't want to be presumptuous and think that my guests want to buy me expensive things. I'm also a pretty thrifty shopper. (TJMaxx is the best!) So, it was a little frustrating! I don't want anyone to think I expect to receive everything on my registry. I also have the uncanny ability to zone in on the most expensive item in a group. Jealous? Well, you shouldn't be!

One positive is that I can add to my resume the new talent of using those scanner guns. I'm a pro now! I also got asked several times if I worked in the store. I always responded politely that I didn't, because that was how I was raised. But, I really wanted to be a smart alec. Um, yeah, I look like an employee with a purse on my shoulder, wearing jeans, and no name tag. People can be so clueless!

2 comments:

Bonnie and Jason said...

It sounds like the wedding planning is going well.

Chris LOVED to scan things - in fact, after we registered, I had to go back and take things off like kid's alligator galoshes, stuffed animals, etc.

Talk to you later,
April

Bonnie and Jason said...

I was signed in to up update my sister's blog and I didn't realize that I was still signed in under her.

-April