Thursday, January 29, 2009

You're Fired...Kind Of

I found out on Wednesday morning that my position has been eliminated. I still have a job but in a completely different group. I'm not trained in this new area, but (supposedly) that doesn't matter to my new bosses. I'll be moving back to my old building and will have to start wearing suits again. I'll even be on the same floor. So, essentially, this job will take me back to where I started.

Yes, it is better than being fired. I just didn't want to make a change right now. I'll be optimistic, but I don't really have a choice and will have to go with the flow. The group is supposed to be "young," so maybe I'll actually have someone to talk to at work.

1 comment:

Freemad said...

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My position was eliminated the first of the month. They (various VP's and the GM) kept telling me that they would find me a position.

Due to budget cuts and such, they couldn't add to the current head count in my department so I had to apply for currently open positions.

Today I was offered a position in Marketing. I'm really excited about it but I have no formal "marketing" experience.

I'm glad to hear that they had another position for you and hopefully everything will continue to work out.