Thursday, May 28, 2009

True Colors

Pat and I decided to change realtors. My house is still not sold, and we are frustrated. We decided after much deliberation and worry (on my part) to leave our current realtor. She helped me in the process to buy my first house, and I have always appreciated her honesty. She's a good person, but she hasn't sold my house. She's also rational, and that's why I thought she would be graceful about us leaving her. The conversation did not go like I wanted.

I opened with telling her how much I appreciated her help and time. At first, she didn't realize I was changing realtors, and I had to spell it out. She got mad and acted really disappointed. She also asked if we were going to use our new realtor as our buyer's realtor, too. In all honesty, I hadn't thought about it and that's what I told her. She then comes back with "you know, Corie, I'm don't want to make you do anything you don't want to..." She e-mailed later that night with the listing cancellation and put in some back-handed comments. Very rude!

I feel like I did things the right way. It's not like I was a coward and had Pat call her. I was honest and told her we wanted a change. I understand not wanting to lose business, but she made it harder than it had to be. People change realtors all the time -- it's business! I hate that things had to end like that.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Wow, sorry it went so badly. Kudos for having the guts to do it....that would have been so hard for me! I guess you've found another realtor that you think will be better?