Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moving On

Times have been really busy. After 16 months on the market, my home (mercifully) sold. I haven't blogged about it, because I was afraid to jinx the outcome. Now I can talk about it, because it closed on Monday!

Pat and I found a beautiful home together. It has 5 bedrooms and 3 baths with a finished basement. It has everything we want. I moved out of my old house yesterday and closed on our new home, too! It was a long and busy day.

The buyer and agent of my house made things very difficult and requested unnecessary repairs. One of those repairs included having my chimney cleaned and inspected by a licensed chimney sweep! Who knew there was such a thing?!? I had never even used my fireplace. I half expected for Dick Van Dyke to show up! Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee!

Since nothing about this past month has been easy, the only time available for the chimney sweep was yesterday at 8am! The movers came at 8am, the chimney sweep was there at 8am, and our closing was scheduled for 9am! Craziness!! If Mom and Dad weren't there to help, we'd have been in trouble. Thank the good Lord for awesome parents!

The possession date of the new house isn't until Tuesday, so I'm staying with Pat and Einstein. It's going well -- all things considered. We can't wait for our next moving day and for all this to be over!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Yay! At least all of the tedious closing paperwork is over. Congrats on your new place!!

P.S. The chimney sweep thing is ridiculous....I've never heard of such a thing! (well, I've heard of a chimney sweep, but never used as a condition to buying a house!)