Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscar Fashion - Award Season is Over!

The fashion at the Oscars this year was pretty and ladylike without any major fashion missteps. Sandra Bullock was my best dressed and best speech of the night. She, very sweetly, thanked her deceased mother for giving her confidence and support. She is such a likeable and humble personality that it is almost like seeing your sister win the award (while wearing a custom, Marchesa gown and insanely expensive jewelry).

Elizabeth Banks wore grey Versace. The hair accessory was a great choice, and I loved it.
Meryl Streep looked incredible in white. She managed to look age appropriate and fashionable at the same time in Chris March. Mariska Hargitay got less attention, but I loved her in Vera Wang. I've never seen her look bad. I guess having Mickey Hargitay and Jayne Mansfield for parents doesn't hurt...

Rounding out my top five is Sarah Jessica Parker. Her dress was beautiful on television but not as good in a still photo. I liked how different it was from all the other gowns. Even though it was Chanel, she is the only one that can get away with a dress like that. 

2 comments:

Alissa said...

All I know was that Miley Cyrus looked so silly! Her shoulders were slumped so far forward, as if she would pop out of her dress if she stood up straight!

I don't know how you know all of these designers. And I had no idea that Mariska Hargitay was Jayne Mansfield's daugher....interesting!

CS said...

I agree! Miley's dress didn't fit her right.

I guess I remember designers because I enjoy fashion. I know fashion designers and Pat knows athletes! :-)