Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wedding Cake, Part Deux


For tradition's sake, we ate our wedding cake for our first anniversary. We weren't expecting much, since it had been in my parent's freezer since last April. Mom predicted that it would taste like their refrigerator!

Much to our delight, it was good!! Since the wedding, we got many compliments from our guests about the wedding cake. Our baker was a chef and did wedding cakes on the side. She also did it for about half of the price of normal wedding cakes. I'm such a saver that I loved that!

Here's to old wedding cake! I might have another piece tonight! :-)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Oooh...what a bonus! I was so sad that we couldn't even try ours...my parents lost electricity during the year after our wedding, while they were gone on vacation one time. Our cake was in their freezer. But wait....your anniversary was three days ago. Dean and I would have finished that thing by now! We are admitted cake fanatics.....

Happy Anniversary!