Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad boys

I was watching "The Bachelorette" last night, and it got me thinking. The bachelorette is DeAnna, who is looking for a husband among 25 bachelors. In my opinion, the bachelor pool that she has to pick from is disappointing and only had one good pick, Richard. As an added bonus, DeAnna has terrible taste in men. Richard was a sweet and considerate guy and (of course) didn't get a rose and was sent home.

It got me wondering why some women have such horrible taste in men. The women can be amazingly smart and capable in every other aspect of their lives except romance. By me saying this, I'm not trying to claim that I'm the authority on men or relationships.

It seems that DeAnna is hung up on a guy named Graham. He seems to be the "bad boy" of the group. He was feeling jealous and made DeAnna feel bad for his issues. Not cool.

I've never gotten the attraction of bad boys. They're usually jerks who only care about themselves. I don't like people who waste my time, and that's exactly what bad boys do. When a woman is dating a guy like that, it only takes away from the time that she could be spending with a man she could have a future with or time that she could spend learning about herself.

I guess my views could simply be the result of good parenting and being given self-confidence as a young girl. I also have two great examples of men in my brothers. (My dad is a great example, too, but my brothers are closer in age to anyone I might have dated.)

I hate seeing women, especially those that I know, mistreated. I wish more women would realize that they are valuable and don't need to put up with "bad boy" behavior.