Friday, June 27, 2008

A nice person at the DMV (Yes, I said DMV!)

My driver's license expires on Saturday, so I went to the DMV to get it renewed. Of course, I put off going until the last week. The DMV is definitely a melting pot with all kinds of people, and the experience is usually less than desirable.

But, this time was actually pleasant! I waited in line for about 30 minutes. (I expected longer.) I then got to the (one!) window open. The lady said hello and asked me how I was. I got my picture taken, paid, and was done in about 5 minutes. She then APOLOGIZED for the wait! I almost fell over.

It's amazing how little things like that make a difference. I'm not counting on repeating this episode at my next experience at the DMV. So, I felt it needed to be noted and recorded for posterity. :-)