Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Gonna Be Legen --wait for it-- dary!

One of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, is in re-runs. The writing is excellent and so is the cast. Here are some funny quotes to remember from past seasons.

Robin: Well, I believe that you saw something perfectly normal, but you've exaggerated it in your mind; you know, um, like the Loch Ness Monster.
Marshall: If by "like the Loch Ness Monster," you mean "totally exists and is awesome," then, yeah, it's like the Loch Ness Monster.

*********************************************************
Marshall: Look at us, riding around in a limo, eating hot dogs... It's like we're the president.

**********************************************************
Marshall: Ok, I'm just saying that it's my wedding too and I should have a say in it.
Lily: But I'm the bride. So, I win.
Marshall: But I thought marriage is about two equal partners, sharing a life together.
Lily: Right, but I'm the bride. So, I win.

***********************************************************
Lily: That's 'Dirty Dancing'!
Ted: It was on last night.
Marshall: No, it was two nights ago. "She's Like the Wind" has been stuck in my brain for about 40 hours. I just got it out; now it's back in. Damn you, Swayze!

************************************************************
Barney: In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story.

*************************************************************
Ted (asked his opinion about Marshall's parachute pants) : Sorry buddy, it's a no from me. Oh and by the way, Bell Biv DeVoe called and not even they want those pants back.