Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Doc in the Box

I have been having major sinus issues for about two weeks. My sinuses have been so dry, and it's been really painful. After self-medicating for about 1.5 weeks with a humidifier and saline spray, I finally went to the doctor. When I called my usual doctor, her office could not get me in.

I'm going on vacation next week and wanted to get any healing underway. So, I went to a local "doc in the box." It's a place where you just walk-in, so I expected it to be like the emergency room with kids crying and people coughing on me. Even though it took several hours, it turned out to be a good alternative.

The x-ray showed no infection, just a lot of inflammation. I got a steroid shot. (Don't tell the Senate!) She also gave me a steroid nose spray and some allergy medication to try. I never before thought I had allergies, but I guess I at least have mild allergies. Mom has struggled with allergies for years, so I guess genetics is just too powerful to escape!