Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mommy, I don't want to go to the vet!

The hardest part of being on vacation for a week was boarding my cats. It was so difficult to get them into the carrier this time. They really freaked out. I have a medium-size carrier that I use to take the cats anywhere outside of the house. George even loves it so much that he sleeps in it. I call it his "cathouse." :-)

It's very hard to get two, unwilling cats into a carrier by yourself. I would get George inside and zipped up. After chasing Gracie down, I'd have to unzip the door enough to fit her in. When I did that, out would pop George's head and out he went. It was so frustrating!

I feel guilty for scaring them. After about 15 times doing this, I got mad and yelled at them. It wasn't their fault, and there's no reason why they'd be excited to be put in the carrier and go to the vet. I eventually had to call Pat to help me. I ended up putting them in separate carriers.

The next ordeal involved riding to the vet with Einstein. Pat sat in the backseat holding Einstein with me driving and the cats in the front seat. It's quite a trip!

I was so frazzled by the time we made it to the vet. I wish it was more pleasant, especially since I didn't get to see the cats for another week. I just hope they have short memories!

Asleep and snuggling during calmer times...