Monday, March 16, 2009

George and Gracie's Sleepover

I needed to have George and Gracie out of the house for the open house. I found out that most vets are closed on Sunday. My vet is only open from 4 to 6pm that day, and my open house was from 2 to 4pm! Argh!!

I looked into every possible option and ended up boarding them on Saturday night. I told them they were going to have a sleepover. (Some friends of ours always tell their dog that he is "going to camp.") Somehow, that didn't comfort them. :-)

They really hate going to the vet, even though my vet is awesome. I helped take them to their cage. Gracie had her back to me and wouldn't look at me, while George was busy hissing at the vet assistant! How pitiful!

I felt guilty putting them through that, but what else could I do? Needless to say, they were happy when we got home. They don't realize that they will soon have a new daddy and brother. They don't know how good they have it now!

No comments: