Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chloe

Today marks a year since our beloved family cat, Chloe, passed away. She was 16 years old. I loved cats growing up (still do) and kept asking my parents for one. In 1991 when I was 11 years old, we got Chloe. She was such a cute, little furball!

Chloe took me from childhood to adulthood. She was always there with her sweet but distinctive personality. She really was a member of the family and my sister. Some people would say she was just an animal, but she was so much more.



I remember my parents coming to my house the weekend before Chloe passed. Mom had to tell me that Chloe wasn't doing well, and it was time to let her go. I took that Monday off work and drove to my parent's house. Even though it was immensely hard, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. I got to say good-bye to my sister.

I remember telling Chloe about George and Gracie about two weeks before her passing. It may sound crazy, but I think she knew I was taken care of and she could let go. I tell George and Gracie how much they would have loved their Aunt Chloe. I know she's in heaven with a full bowl of Meow Mix and all the paperwads she could ever want.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

That made me cry!! Pets are so wonderful (unless they're peeing on your walls or scratching your furniture!), which makes it even harder when you lose them. So glad you had George and Gracie to help you get through it last year...